Most Reached For Makeup Products


Like most people, I also use many different products on a daily basis. But there are some that I just love and reach for a little more than others. Currently these products make up a good chunk of my daily routine. I do obviously rotate my blushes, lipsticks etc but I reach for the products below the most. Some items you will read about in this post have been my go-to products for a long time and there are some that have been recently discovered. 


MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
I use it as my setting powder daily. I do occasionally wear it alone on days I just don't feel like slapping on too many products on my face. Love the matte look it provides.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Chocolate Soleil quickly became my favorite bronzer. I use it everyday and am very happy with it! The color suits my complexion really well. Works great for contouring as well.

Illamasqua Blush in Lover
If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know I can't stop mentioning Lover every chance I get. It's my favorite blush. If I am indecisive about what blush to wear, I will go with Lover.


Revlon Photo Ready
 I have purchased a few different foundations after trying Photo Ready. But there is something about it that keeps me coming back to it. It works like magic on my skin. Looks amazing in photos, hence its name. Long lasting, nice matte finish.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Covers up all my imperfections perfectly. I love to use it especially on random spots that I want vanished.

Shu Uemura Painting Liner in Black
My everyday gel liner. Its a true pitch black color. Lasts all day. No budging or raccoon eyes involved. Applies like a dream.

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette
I use Natural Eye almost daily and usually go to it for neutral night looks as well. It's my favorite palette for  many reasons but especially because no matter what colors I use, I end up loving the look. I can't say that about my other palettes, sorry Naked palette! Even when I don't feel like wearing so much eye makeup on a certain day, I do a quick sweep of Heaven to brighten up my eyes and I'm good to go!

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Makes even the most stubborn, prone to creasing eye shadows stick and stay put all day. For me, it's one of the best inventions in the cosmetics world!

Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
Love it just as much as L'oreal Voluminous because really they produce the exact same results on my lashes. Lashblast is just my go-to mascara right now. Hello long, volumized, fluttery lashes!

YSL Gloss Pur #2
I'm not much a lip gloss wearer at all but when I do wear lip gloss I go straight to this amazing baby pink YSL one that smells like mango. It looks beautiful when applied over nude or pink lipsticks which is what I wear the most.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Pink Please
I have maaaany favorite lipsticks but Pink Please has a special place in my heart. It's such a versatile soft pink color that goes with pretty much any look. Very easily wearable during the day. It's super creamy and leaves lips shiny so no need for gloss. It's always in my make-up bag :)

What are some of your most reached for products?

34 comments:

  1. You forget to mention what you liked about Too Faced Palette. ;) lol

    Great products, I can tell why you like them, they all seem amazing. :) I'll have to go out and buy a few that you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaat?? It's there :p lol thanks hun, I went back and fixed it :) Oooh can't wait to find out what you end up picking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey_AlltheWordsJune 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM

    I keep reading about the Too Faced Bronzer... I think I've got to get it! I also love that Maybelline lipstick, it's such a perfect pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lover looks amazing. <3 Also, I've been hearing that the TF palette is better even than Naked. I'm inclined to agree, though I know a lot of people will want to crucify me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great products! Im gonna have to try that Too Faced Bronzer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Illamasqua Lover is def on my most reached for list, as is Hussy its pinker sister. My other most reached for item is Benefit Hoola which is what I use for contouring every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That TF Bronzer is just haunting me! Definitely need to buy it. Some of my most used products are MAC Vegas Volt, MAC Creme Cup, Benefit Sugarbomb, and Benefit Creaseless Cream E/S in RSVP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say my most reached for products are UDPP (god send!), Korres Mineral Foundation, Tarte Park Ave Princess Matte Bronzer and Buxom lash mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. believe it or not, I've never tried the ysl lip glosses, partially because I'm afraid once I start, I won't be able to stop! The Nordstroms on Michigan Ave. would probably go out of stock haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm lusting over the maybelline color sensational lipcolor in pink please. it looks like the perfect pink for me but i live in ireland and we don't seem to have that shade we have other shades from the color sensational range but let's just say they aren't very lust worthy. but i do have it in coral tonic and i heart it. you should check it out. oh BTW you totally have me lusting over the too faced natural palette it screams PERFECTION to me. i want it so badly but we don't have too faced in ireland aswell. Major Boo right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Too Faced palette is one of my favs too... I reach for it more than my Naked palette for sure! UDPP is also a most used for me as is my MAC MSF natural. Thanks for sharing your most used, I love these kinds of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Covergirl Lashblast is my favorite mascara! Such a great post - Btw - I've award you on my blog :) Come check it out! (http://savvysidd.blogspot.com)
    <3 Sidd

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey check out my blog http://beautyglitzzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have to get the MAC Studio Finish Concealer!!Though I love the select one I think this one will hide more things!haha and ok girl you had really put me in the mood to try hard and find Natural eye palette!!Great post!love these kind!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need an illamasqua cream blush! I used up the only cream blush I had, and I want another cream one for summer, because it looks and feels better in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you love chocolate and the way it smells then you definitely need this bronzer :) The color is just perfect for me, and isn't muddy at all. Finally someone else who loves Pink Please too! :) Sadly it doesn't get much recognition..

    ReplyDelete
  17. It really is :) Well we're just pointing out facts here hehe but I know what you mean. I think a lot of people are Naked lovers because of all the hype, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you hun, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Lover! I hear about Hussy all the time, I'm definitely going to branch out to more Illamasqua blushes, I'm sure they're all amazing like Lover :) Hoola is a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing, I almost wanna eat it :) Ooo Vegas Volt is a great summer product, I need to start using it more often. I also hear a lot about Sugarbomb lately, need to swatch it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. UDPP is god-sent indeed! :) I think Korres Mineral foundation sounds like something I'd enjoy, will definitely look into it. I love that Korres leaves out many harsh chemicals from their products!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for Chicagoans! :) I believe you, this is my first one! :) I've only had a rouge volupte once before, which I totally recommend :) I know what you mean though, I used to lose myself when it came to makeup shopping but I seem to be able to control myself these days and not buy anything and everything that crosses my path :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It really is the perfect pink seriously! I do have a huge obsession with pink lipsticks, and do swear by MAC's Angel but Pink Please is just something else! Aw sorry you guys don't have this color in Ireland, that's such a bummer! Have you tried to look for it on the swapping sites? I'll keep Coral Tonic in mind, anything that has the word coral in it is right up my alley. I have no doubt I'll love it! Thank you :) If you can somehow get your hands on the Natural Palette, you will not use another palette that's all I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Natural Eye palette users unite! :D There is only 3 colors that I actually use from the Naked Palette...lol Glad to know we have some faves in common and happy you liked my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry for all the enabling lady! :) I've never tried select cover up, I may try it next though :) I love love loveeeee this palette, if you can find it you'll see what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hear great things about Illamasqua cream blushes but yet to buy one for myself...You're right cream blushes are almost weightless on the face!

    ReplyDelete
  28. o la la! love the natural palette! i'm thinking about trying the toofaced bronzer what brush do you use with it?

    ReplyDelete
  29. JessicaGettingCheekyJune 25, 2011 at 3:52 PM

    I absolutely NEED the Natural Eye palette. I'm so obsessed with Too Faced right now ...

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post I really want Lover, it looks amazing I also want to try the Photo Ready foundation and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural they are all on my wishlist :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's awesome! I would have thought more people from Chicago would be on here! What are your favorite places to shop downtown? The only thing that keeps me from emptying my bank account when I go makeup shopping is that I am an unemployed student :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. They are both amazing products, I love Too Faced :) For the bronzer I'm currently using a cheap angled elf brush which I don't recommend because is sheds like there is no tomorrow. I am waiting for my new Sigma brush to come in the mail so I can start using it. It's the equivalent of MAC 109. It's supposed to be just perfect for bronzer application, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  33. All three are great products, hope you can enjoy them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yep there is a number of us, I guess there aren't as many beauty bloggers from Chicago though as othera like cooking, lifestyles blog etc. I'd have to say H&M and Zara, love these two stores! :) Ahhh I remember those days, it'll all be worth it at the end though! :)

    ReplyDelete