Braziliant and Co.


I visited Walgreens just this past weekend and though I wasn't planning to purchase nail polish I couldn't resist any of these colors! I don't blog about every single nail polish I purchase, but rather those that stand out to me. Since I didn't already own any shades similar to these three, they needed to be on the spotlight! While at the store excitedly tweeting about these beauties Danielle at Bloomin' Beauty was such a sweetheart to twitpic her swatches of Revlon's Blue Lagoon, made it so much easier to decide :) I think Blue Lagoon is exactly what was missing from my Spring Nail Polish Picks post! Revlon's Modern Grace came out of nowhere, I'm just a sucker for purple and its hundreds of shades of it!


Braziliant is one of six colors in Essie's new summer 2011 collection. I can definitely see this color on maaaaany hands (and even toes, why not!) this summer! For me it is definitely that nail polish I see another girl wear and when I ask her what it is she doesn't know the name or brand of it. Then I hopelessly search for that color and epically fail finding it. Actually just today I asked someone about her bright orange nail polish and she gave me the exact answer "oh I have no idea". lol

Braziliant is a hot orange with pink shimmer which is only visible in the bottle, if you look carefully in the lower right photo above you can sort of see it. It is an opaque polish as only one coat completely covers the nail, aka no white tips. Jessica over at Getting Cheeky has warned me that it stains nails and skin so a base coat is a must. I didn't take the chance as I didn't want to suffer from orange-stained skin/nails so I applied a base coat. I didn't photograph this but after applying the first coat of on top of the base coat, little bubbles on my nails began forming. After the second coat they were camouflaged. I thought that was bizarre since I've never seen anything like that before! Apparently Braziliant doesn't like my Sally Hansen base coat too much!

In summary, it's safe to say I'm already obsessed with this color! Even if the weather has been a bit of a mess here in Chicago (let's just say 50 degrees is a good day!) a glimpse of this bright color on my nails helps me be patient for the warm weather and puts a smile on my face :)

Did you get any colors from Essie's summer 2011 collection or any new nail polishes recently?

14 comments:

  1. oh blue lagoon looks so pretty!! this essie color is causing quite a bit of hype! it looks great for summer, and i love the photo with u in it! amazing side view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Lagoon is gorgeous, I totally recommend it if you don't have a baby blue nail polish already (if you do, stay away! :)) I think it's definitely gonna be one of the "it" shades for summer, it's BRIGHT! Ty for your sweet comment lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JessicaGettingCheekyMay 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM

    Thanks for the shout out girl. The combination of those three colors is breathtaking! It's funny you mentioned the bubbles, because I've noticed the same thing with my bottle ... but I thought it was just me! Maybe it's something with the formulation?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Essie looks perfect on your skin tone sugar!And you look stunning in your pictures as always!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which one? :) They're both gorgeous but I have a feeling you're referring to Blue Lagoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome lady! :) It may be the formula, probably is but oh well nothing a second coat can't fix! So glad I picked it up, have been getting compliments on it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I love summer nails! Brazilliant looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too and I love summer but where is it?? lol Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Braziliant looks absolutely stunning on you! And yes to your question, I got Bourjois Rose Lounge (used to custom make Kate Middleton's infamous nude shade on her big day)...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you hunni, hehe I just remembered what I asked you lol good to know now I need to get my paws on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog, and I was curious about Blue Lagoon - have you had any issues with the application? I literally had to use about 5 or 6 coats for it to come out even! Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem I had!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I also have trouble with application, it's super streaky and while I don't need 6 coats of it like you, I'd say I need at least 3 coats for it to be even. With so many coats, it takes forever to dry...too bad the color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete