Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Tipsy


I had been having the hardest time deciding on a color from Tarte's not so new Amazonian clay blush line. Obviously Tipsy is right up my alley, I am known to have an obsession with this color family. However, I did want to branch out and get a shade which I normally don't. I mean how many peachy blushes does one need? Basically it came down to Tipsy and Blushing Bride, a beautiful plum. I gave in and chose the peach once again! Tipsy seemed to be a bit more versatile and appropriate for summer! I can always go back and get Blushing Bride for fall! :D


Tipsy is a stunning matte peachy-coral and is packed with pigmentation. I have swatched all the colors in this collection at Sephora and they are all equally pigmented. Just like with any pigmented blush I think it applies the best with a stippling brush that way there is just the right amount of color with the right intensity. In other words, it's a "a-little-goes-a-long-way" kind of product. Now, Tarte claims these Amazonian clay blushes last 12 hours. Does it live up to the claim? YES! I can't lie, even some of my most loved blushes do not last all day, I love them mostly only because of their pretty colors. This blush on the other hand lasts all day therefore doesn't require touch-ups. I don't know about you but my make-up bag is full as it is, there is just no room for another blush compact AND a brush.


Here's a look at the packaging; It comes neatly packaged in a plastic box.
  The compact is fun and girly. I like that the compact's color and blush color are coordinated. It's not a bulky compact and comes with a mirror so it makes a good take-along product.

Other things to note:
This product is cruelty-free.
It is formulated without; mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrance.

L- Blended R- Heavily Swatched

Illamasqua Lover (L) Tarte Tipsy (R)

Tarte's Amazonian clay blushes retail for $25/5.6oz. They used to be Sephora-exclusive up until a week or so ago however these days they are conveniently available on Tarte's website and Ulta as well. I purchased mine on their website using the code LUCKYBREAKS1 (30% off) to save a couple of bucks :)

Verdict?
I love Tipsy. It's totally my kind of blush but I'd be lying if I said I am not occasionally daydreaming about Blushing Bride. I may slowly collect all the colors in this collection, they are so charming and pretty to look at! I think they are seriously of amazing quality, formulated without many of the harsh chemicals and the lasting power is just unbeatable!

What do you think about Tarte's Amazonian clay blushes?

34 comments:

  1. Loving the formula and the pop out factor to stick into palettes! Tipsy seems to be the number 1 color pick!!! I got Natural Beauty, and its gorgeous!!! 30% off? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tipsy is right up my alley for blush colours. I have a sample of this for now, may buy the full size, but I am content for now. I have a lot of orange/peach blushes as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely color! :)

    Raech
    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these blushes, and Tipsy looks great on your skintone! I have Exposed and Blushing Bride on my list, with 30% I might not be able to wait it out! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It looks kind of pinkier on me though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. JessicaGettingCheekyMay 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    I have this blush in "Natural Beauty," but "Tipsy" really seems like the must have shade! I think I'll need to cave and pick it up at some point, it's absolutely beautiful! I love that your swatches show that it's more than just coral/orange, but there is also a nice pink undertone.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty shade, but I found these blushes to be too powdery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so pretty! from the swatch it looks just like this blush I have from Fyrinnae in Enchant. here's the link if you want to see it http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=207

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful! i love corals this summer.

    following you now :)

    ashley brooke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for letting me know about it :D I was wondering what that little thing on the back is for lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya! I am just struggling staying away from this color, I wanna buy everything that is this color hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you hun, oooo Blushing Bride is definitely next on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol well anyway you have too many peach blushes, variety is good! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Use the 30% off!!! :) Natural beauty is also gorgeous but yes it looks like people are a little more obsessed with Tipsy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really? Mine doesn't feel powdery at all...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you're right! It looks just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coral is my go-to shade for summer, can't go wrong with it! Thank you for the follow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 30% is a good reason for me to try out Tipsy & Exposed! I think I'm looking forward to Exposed more because I haven't seen as much written about it - should be more of a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have Tipsy too and I LOVE it! The color is gorgeous and it's SO pigmented! I also love that the color of the packaging matches the blush color :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have Tipsy too and I LOVE it! The color is gorgeous and it's SO pigmented! I also love that the color of the packaging matches the blush color :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sure is :) I can't even say no to 10% lol Exposed looks like a pretty nude color and reminds me of a NARS blush maybe Douceur?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're the reason why this blush is in my possession now hellooo! I've been craving it since seeing it on your blog waaaay back, thank you for all your enablings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. The orange is back this summer and so the blush really looks appropriate for use.The packaging is super and also the tone...definitely it has to suit the facial tone of the user.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So jealous! I really want to try these blushes but I don't think I can get them anywhere in the UK xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so happy orange is back, I love this color! :) I think Tarte did a great job offering various shades that will suit many different skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think they are great! It's so unfair that you guys don't have a Sephora there :/ Have you checked to see if you can order from their website? I hope you'll be able to find them somewhere soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I saw tipsy while I was at Ulta the other day. I love coral blushes? Do you have a favorite coral blush?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Finally Ulta carries them too! :) I love them too but I don't really own coral blushes, I tend to lean more towards peaches when it comes to blushes. I guess Tipsy is my first true coral blush ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tipsy is my currently my favorite blush. I am a new reader to you blog, and I appreciate your dedication to finding natural products. This is not an easy task if you want quality make up, and I think Tarte totally nailed it. I plan on picking up another shade or two as well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's great! It quickly became one of my favorite blushes. Tarte has done such an amazing job with the Amazonian clay line, totally agreed! I try my best to find natural products and while it's not always possible due to many companies continuing to use harsh chemicals in their products, it's great to know and to be able to find gorgeous AND healthier goodies from brands like Tarte :)

    ReplyDelete