Weekend Haul

Hola chicas!

I have been desperate to go to Sephora to get some new blush(es) because it feels like I'm always wearing the same blush which is Peachykeen by MAC. I do love it, it's been my go-to blush for quite some time now. However, I need a change! I couldn't decide between NARS and Illamasqua, I had a few colors in mind from both brands but I thought I'll check them out once I go there. Swatching is everything! Well so I get to the mall, and what's on my way to Sephora? FOREVER 21! How can you not pop in when you're right in front of it? Impossible. So I go in and spend an hour there, maybe 2?? I picked up a few lovely things...Then I head on over to Sephora and swatch five million things, and decide to go for 3 things from Sephora brand. I had no idea Sephora liquid eyeliners were beyond smudge-proof and impossible to wash off?! So I got Doe Eyed Felt Eyeliner in black, Flashy Liner in Flashy Blue and an eye-shadow in It-blue (it's paraben-free too! :)) I was thinking to get My Favorite Jeans eye-shadow but I realized it's not as pigmented as the It-blue, this is gorgeous! Then I remember what I went to Sephora for, for a blush! I look around and no Illamasqua?! Huh?! I asked the sales associate, and she looked at me like I was speaking another language, I guess she never heard of that brand? Then when I'm at the register she finds me and tells me only east and west coasts have Illasmasqua brand in stores "because it's such a high-end brand" ooookay and NARS isn't? As far as I know they don't sell NARS at Walgreens! I just don't get how Chicago doesn't have Illamasqua at Sephora, for those who don't know Chicago is the third biggest city in the U.S. Ahhh the perks of living in "America", we get everything a year after the entire world! I just don't wanna order blush on Sephora's website, because I simply don't want to deal with the hassle of returning if I don't like it. So basically I'm blushless.

Here's what I got...

Sweater Top with Navy/Fuchsia Stripes and removable multi-strand pearl necklace...


Q: Why do I love it?
A: I've been eying this top forever, just wasn't willing to shell out $30 for it. I'm a huge bow fan, and pearls are just too girly to pass up. Combination of bow + pearls = Cuteness. It's a very versatile top, can be dressed up or down. Colors are totally me. Most importantly it was on clearance for $13.99!!!

Floral Cardigan with puffy sleeves


Q: Why do I love it?
A: I love cardigans and have them in many colors/patterns. I wear them all the time. It's hard to not layer when you live in this city! I'm lately liking the floral look and wanted to give it a try, tried it, liked it, got, it. Now I will rock it! I also dig puffy sleeves. I know I will be wearing this a lot!

  Basic Red/White striped racer-back tank-top


Q: Why do I love it?
A: Ties into my love for cardigans. I wear tank-tops daily and wear cardigans or sweaters over them. I also like to layer two tank tops together. I especially love the combination of red and white and I have too many solid tanks and wanted to spice it up a bit. Like the relaxed fit.

Sugar - Defined! (racer-back tank-top)
     

Q: Why do I love it?
A: It's talking about all the sweet stuff in life! Cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate :) I thought this was cute and girly, and it would be a nice addition to my collection since I don't have anything like this. I can see myself wearing this with pretty much any cardigan or even a blazer. Another versatile piece.

Here are all the items, pretty self-explanatory...

This is the Sephora brand felt-tip eyeliner which I haven't used yet, so I can't say much about it. I got it because of the felt-tip. However I can tell you one thing about them, and it's that they are impossible to wash off. I swatched a few different colors while I was at the store and tried to take it off with make-up remover ~ fail, washed hands countless times ~ fail, I'm kind of scared to use it on my lids...what if it doesn't come off? lol



Heart shape is the swatch for the Flashy Waterproof Liner in Flashy Blue. And the eyeshadow in It-blue, basically corn-flower blue, so pretty! I wonder how it'll look on me, hey if it doesn't work on upper lid, there is always the lower lid! In case you're wondering those weird lines on my hands, that's the waterproof liners, told you they don't come off!

4 comments:

  1. You picked up some cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul and fun post! I would try NARS blushes -- they are amazing. My faves are Sin, Dolce Vita and Desire :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girlies!

    @ Lipstick Rules ~ thanks a bunch for the suggestions Sin was actually on my list since I heard great things about it and saw countless swatches, it's very pretty! I will check out Dolce Vita and Desire :) I used NARS blushes before they ARE amazing indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete