Products I bought in 2009 and didn't like...

Origins No Offense Alcohol-free Deodorant

I was in search of a paraben and aluminum-free deodorant simply because I want to use a product that contains less harmful chemicals, especially in my underarms. Now, I do not know if usage of paraben and aluminum containing deodorants or antiperspirants is even a leading cause or even a cause of breast cancer, some say it is some say it has nothing to do with it. I am so lost, I don't know who to believe, so I decided that I will use something without these to be on the safe side. When I found out about No Offense, I was very happy. I read mostly positive reviews about it on Origins' website, so I decided to give it a try. It has a very clean and a light scent, which was a plus. The first day I used it, I noticed when applying to dry underarms that it doesn't apply well, I almost felt like I was supposed to wet the deodorant a bit so it goes on smooth. First day I applied without wetting it and in a few hours I felt like I was smelling (GROSS!) Now, I am a person that doesn't really sweat or smell sweaty, at all! But when I was using this product, it was making me sweat...I have no clue why! Second day I wet it and applied it again, this time the smell was even worse. I gave it a week, applied it a few times during the day. I'm sorry to say it just doesn't work for me. These are $12 a stick, ouch, could have gotten a MAC eyeshadow for 2 more dollars...but I guess you don't know if something works unless you give it a try!

Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo & Conditioner

While I like certain products from Burt's Bees, their shampoo and conditioner were let downs for my naturally curly, thick hair. I only really wash my hair every 4 days because I have coarse hair that holds oil pretty well. Most people won't believe me when I tell them I am walking around with hair that was washed 4 days ago, because it doesn't look greasy at all. When it comes to styling my hair, because I am a sucker for straight hair I flat iron it every time I wash it, I guess it's safe to say my hair has a bit of heat damage though I use heat protection products. Obviously heat leaves my hair drier than it should be so naturally I need a shampoo and conditioner that provide additional moisture for it. One of the main reasons why I decided to go with Burt's Bees was because these two particular products contain no parabens and are about 99% natural. I gave these products about 3-4 washes, and came to the conclusion that every time I used them my hair was left tangled, very hard to manage, was very hard to comb and overall I felt like they stripped off natural oils from my hair. I also didn't like the scent of these at all, even though I think shampoo smells a bit better than the conditioner. Condition is a total mess when it comes to its smell, it reminds me of an expired cosmetic, it stinks, really! I really wanted to like these, and I really don't. Hopefully I can make a good use out of them by using them for shaving purposes (which I really do, I think it's non-sense to buy shaving products when you can use hair conditioner and even some shampoos which like the name states conditions hair and I think they are great to use for shaving!) I will also more than likely end up using them on my puppy Muffin, maybe they will show better results in dog fur :)


Juice Beauty Green Apple Moisturizer SPF 15

Right before I started using this moisturizer, I got a sample of Hope in a Jar by Philosophy from Sephora. When I used this for over a month (a little goes a long way actually) and ran out, for some reason I wasn't convinced to buy a 2 oz. container for $35. Then I was introduced to Juice Beauty by a friend who is very into using organic products. So I got a sample of this and gave it a try while still using the same toner, face-wash etc. First few days passed with no problems, then I started breaking out a bit but I thought it may be because I just started using it. Then I started breaking out even more and I stopped using it. When I stopped my face cleared and now my skin is clear like it usually is. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I am just so used to using products with so many chemicals in them that when I use something organic my skin reacts this way. This would have been the perfect moisturizer otherwise, smells great, provides SPF15 and a little jar lasted me a very long time!

Bath & Body Works Foaming Body Wash

I have never been disappointed with anything I ever bought from Bath and Body Works, until I bought this. Recently BBW had their semi-annual sale where they had many body washes on sale for $3 which is C-H-E-A-P! It was a coincidence that I ran out body washes right at that time, so I ran over to the store and thought I would stock up on some body washes. I got 2 of these and started using one about a week ago. I had to pump about 3 times on to my loofah for it to lather up, and it still wouldn't as well as their regular body washes. Also, after I stepped out of the shower and dried myself, I felt like my skin was deprived of moisture. To sum it up, you know the feeling on your hands after you use glycerin dish soap, that's exactly how I felt on my body. The sales associate told me these were back by popular demand (seriously, I would like to talk those people) but they won't be back on shelves after they are all sold out. If they were so popular, then the company would continue producing them right? It's funny how companies tell all sorts of crap just to get people to buy stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment