What's in my *new* makeup bag?


My ex-makeup bag was getting a little too old so I retired it. I always wanted to get something - anything from Vera Bradley! Last Saturday I went to the outlets with couple of my friends and was stoked to see a Vera Bradley outlet there! If you love floral anything like me, then this is your store! It was such a tough choice as they have hundreds of different colors/patterns. I decided to go with the the design called "Mediterranean Blue" because it's just adorable - I love all the colors in it, they remind me of the Mediterranean sea and summer :)


Apart from the pattern and colors, I also love that this little makeup bag is lined so in case of spillage you won't have to worry that your bag is ruined! Its size is also a plus, especially compared to my old makeup bag, this feels like it can take in my entire makeup collection :) I wasn't even able to completely zip up my old one, ok well I am partly to blame for it as I take a bit too much along.

What do I have in my new bag?


Okay maybe I could do without carrying two compacts, but the Dior compact is just too luxurious to leave at home :D Bella Bamba must come with me in case I need touch ups during the day, no it's not always Bella Bamba but lately I've been loving it a lot. Another product I must bring along is my concealer. Spots do appear on my face randomly and I hate to be caught off-guard. Spots aren't end of the world but I like to cover them up if I can! I could do without the body butter as well but I'm attached to this scent and use it on my hands. I also keep hair clip/elastic in all of my purses in addition to my make-up bag because I honestly never know when I may need one. I hate when I am in a situation where I need an elastic and my only option is a rubber band ouch!

 What are your make-up bag must-haves?

21 comments:

  1. This is a great post idea, may have to snag the idea. Cute makeup bag and I love your items! I think I need some Dior items in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new bag! I usually only take lip products with me, because I usually forget to re-apply, but if I would remember I would probably also have powder, concealer, and maybe blush in my makeup bag. But I do carry lotion with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great items in your makeup bag! =)

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great products in your makeup bag.

    I actually need a new makeup bag. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the Body Shop Coconut Body Butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally the same way about hair bands. Nothing worse than being stuck at work and having to resort to using a rubber band to tie up your hair. Removing the little stinker is always the worst. I always try and have some extra hair bands, clips, or bobbi pins kicking around my desk in case of emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new makeup bag! I actually don't carry much makeup during the day, just lipstick/gloss and concealer (sometimes powder).

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this bag, i need one in my life! it looks like it's the prefect size, is it the small one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure thing, can't wait to read your post :) Btw your husband is a doll for getting you all those yummy blushes!!! :))) Dior = Addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I don't really check my face too often, but when I do I like to touch up :) Lotion is definitely a must! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ;) I put it off for so long, because I was too obsessed with what to put in the makeup bag, not the bag itself oh uh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love its scent, I feel like I'm on a tropical island when I put it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thoughts exactly! Removing is painful, that's why I have at least one in each purse, clutch even in my car's glove compartment lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ;) Lucky you I tried carrying around less stuff but I always seem to miss my beauty products lol I love them too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you :) Mine is the medium one actually, I was about to get the small one but it looked too small to carry all my stuff so I went with the medium instead :) If you carry similar products in your makeup bag, then I suggest the medium one, of course it also depends on your purse size, majority of my bags are large so the makeup bag fits just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. im pretty much DROOLING at that YSL gloss!!! ur make up bag is like banging full of goodies! I'm too scared to carry around Amber Diamond hahaha I tend to carry around drugstore items and maybe a cream blush ( bc they dont crack) in my bag so i don't lose anything valuable. But i was staring at your adorable bag + contents with big happy eyes!!! Amazing make up bag and contents!! Every piece is excellent and well chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you have a body butter in your bag too!! hehe :) I always have a Dior palette with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bag and I love the goodies inside! Nice choice, it looks like a nice summery one with the "ocean" blues! Exactly something I would like since blue is my fav color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha I know I need help :) I actually use it though so I don't feel bad carrying it around..Ahh someone else who loves their Dior compact as I do yay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you hunni! It's very summery but I can definitely see myself using it beyond summer, the colors are too pretty. I love blue too, such a refreshing color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love your makeup bag contents!!!! Why oh why cant I have a girlfriend with THAT type of makeup bag???

    All jokes aside, looks like you got everything covered!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete