May Favorites


....aaaand it's that time of the month again, favorites time! Happy June!! May has been a nail polish kind of month for me. I used to change my nail polish every other day but I haven't been able to keep up with it as I'd like this year! Painting nails looks like an easy job but if you think of it, everything combined, it is time-consuming. This month, I went back to my old self and have been loving up these polishes :)

L-R: Essie Brazilliant, China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, Sephora by O.P.I Go With the Flow-er

If I could pick just one nail polish of the three, I would definitely have to choose China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy! I am just obsessed with the almost blindingly bright pink neon color of this nail polish, in fact I can't stop looking at my hands, they are just so out there and I love it :) Go With the Flow-er is also a gorgeous color, it is shimmery and I get a lot of compliments wearing it. It also stains nails big time, even more than Braziliant!


Apart from nail polishes...

MAC Phloof!
I've been really into using Phloof! on the inner corners of my eyes, it looks good even if the rest of my eyelids are bare. It really opens up eyes and makes them look pretty :)

Benefit Bella Bamba
There is just something about this blush that keeps me coming back! It looks so gorgeous on and gives a nice little sheen on cheeks along with a pretty pink color. It's been my go-to blush in May, love the youthful look it provides and its scent is just yummy.

If you've seen my Singuliere post, then you'd have already figured out this stunner would be in my May favorites. It really deserves to be in all of my monthly favorites posts! :D

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
I love coconut anything and there is no exception when it comes to body products either. I used to be a die hard TBS body butter fan many years ago. Then we parted ways and I haven't used one of these for many years, I mean like 5 years. The Sephora & TBS coalition is what made me give these body butters another chance. The coconut one in particular is just as amazing as ever. I love the scent, and how the butter just melts into my skin. Its soft texture makes skin velvety and soft, it's love...again!

LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut
Okay so maybe this isn't really a beauty product but I did purchase this at Sephora, the beauty authority, so here it is in my post :) I am happy to announce my quest for finding a healthy deodorant is officially over. I have tried countless healthy deodorants, including most sold at WholeFoods. I've heard of the LaVanila brand before but never tried any of their products. What captured my attention about their deodorants was the fact that they are really healthy! They are made of all natural ingredients and are free of harsh chemicals such as petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, silicone, synthetic dyes, sulfates or parabens. These deodorants are a pricier than your regular drugstore deodorants at $18/stick but they don't contain crazy chemicals or ingredients like aluminum (sounds freaky!) Vanilla Coconut scent definitely has my name written on it!

Sun Laboratories Dark Tanning Lotion
This is my first self-tanning lotion ever. It took me a good while to have the courage to put this on myself, seriously. I was so afraid of turning orange or some weird color! Well, thankfully with this amazing lotion there is absolutely nothing to worry about! It has a rich brown (and scary) color and you do have to be quick with it so you spare yourself some unwanted spots! I'm sure that's the case with most, if not all, self-tanners. The key is to be quick. Once dried, I get a beautiful, healthy and very natural looking tan. The thing with self-tanners is that you need to be consistent with application to keep your tan. Well, I'll take self-tanners over tanning beds any day! I love that Sun labs uses no parabens in their products! FYI: I have spotted these tanning lotions many times at TjMaxx and it's where I got my bottle for about $16 ;)

What have you guys been loving in May?

29 comments:

  1. this post is mkaing me want to bring out my not loved belle bamba! def need singuliere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want Bella Bamba too! and I love the look of China Glaze Flip Flop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JessicaGettingCheekyJune 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM

    I just started using LaVanilla deodorant too and I absolutely LOVE it! I believe I'm allergic to most ingredients in typical deodorants and this has been a lifesaver!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that China Glaze polish! I can't believe I haven't picked that one up yet.. that needs to change asap ;)
    I also think I need to make a Sephora trip... Favorites posts will be the end of me, I swear! haha
    Great favs!
    xx
    Bethany
    http://obsessionstolivefor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanna get that LaVanilla deodorant. I've been using Dove since like forever, and I really want something much healthier! I know it's pricey but deodorants usually last a long time for me. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find at TJ Maxx for that self tanner! I always find the best stuff there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sun Labs tanning lotion! I used all summer last year, and it really did give me a natural looking tan. :) Great Faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO afraid of self tanners too! Good to know you had a good experience. You have such a naturally beautiful skin color anyway though, and you know I'm jealous of it :) I'm transparent white..eeeek! I have on an OPI color that is almost exactly the same as Brazilliant but I don't remember the name (got a pedicure w/it)..but it looks just like hot sauce..haha! Perfect summer color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your May favorites, Flip Flop Fantasy sure looks fab for summer.:D

    I've been loving lilacs (nail polishes, clothes, accessories..).

    Have a happy June!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been into the Lavanila products lately too! Will post soon, but I absolutely love the line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Bella Bamba too and I love it so much!

    Im glad I stumbled on your blog, you have a nice little corner on the web here :o)

    http://flossylocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bailey_AlltheWordsJune 4, 2011 at 9:19 PM

    I've wanted to try a LaVanilla deodorant but had't seen much about it. Glad to know that it works ( and smells great as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kind of forgot about Bella Bamba til recently too, I think it's the perfect little summer blush, bring it out! Yes you do, hang in there til you're done with P10P! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a stunner, let me tell ya! :) Surprisingly I didn't have a single blush that even resembled it so I picked it up, definitely look through your collection, you may have something laying around that could be a possible dupe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you like shimmery pink blushes then you must have Bella Bamba :) And if you love bright neon pink nail polish then you should have this nail polish, it's so summery and gives such a happy feeling to the wearer hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous, definitely on my summer must-haves list :) I know what you mean, sometimes I just keep myself from reading blogs because these posts make you want to go to Sephora/Ulta right then and there...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had been using Dove as well, and while it does a good job it's the ingredients that scare me...I mean aluminum, really? I also kind of freaked out since my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer not too long ago, I don't know if aluminum contributes to breast cancer but I just don't want freaky chemicals in that area, at all. I think it's a great deodorant, keeps me dry and smells great...pricey but my health is important, so I do the best I can to keep healthy :) They last a long time for me as well, so it's worth it in the long run in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was quite surprised and even thought they may be old or something but I guess not. Smells normal, feels normal, no skin reactions so I'm pretty happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving it so far too, I just hate the upkeep...ah what can we do, beauty has its price lol thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo so I'm not alone! :D You should see my legs girlfriend, they look like cheese no kidding! lol That's so funny you say that because back when I bought this nail polish, I tweeted that I love it but it looks like I dipped my fingers in hot sauce muahahah great minds think alike huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sure is, this color makes you want to look at your nails all the time believe me lol Oh I love lilacs and any shade of purple really, gorgeous colors! Happy June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! Looking forward to your post, I don't have any other products from them but I would love to try some, I was thinking maybe their SPF products?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay Bella Bamba lovers unite! :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've only heard MakeupbyTiffanyD talk about it and while I usually search deeper about any product before committing to it, I just went for this because everyone is different when it comes to body products. I am happy that it works for me, wish they had smaller/trial sizes because $18 could be pricey for some. I love it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, sorry to hear that Go With The Flow-er stained your nails! It has never happened to me with that shade (I do use a pretty thick base coat. But, the worst offender for me was Brazilliant! Both are lovely shades at the end of the day though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yup, big time! I just painted my toes with it too, you know to match my orange nails lol I mean it is a beautiful color, so it doesn't bother me that much...Funny because Brazilliant didn't stain my nails, I could actually remove it pretty darn easy with the nail polish remover hehe but yes agree with you, they are both gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great favorites! Love your blog. =) Definitely following.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete