theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer


You may remember that I was one of the oh-so-lucky people who spotted a huge stock of theBalm goodies at my local TjMaxx last year, at insanely discounted prices. The gorgeous Betty-Lou Manizer was only one of the many theBalm products I hauled at that time but haven't had the chance to write a proper review on it especially since I was idle for nearly 7 months. I recently developed an unhealthy obsession over it and decided that it deserves it's own little post :)

Gecen sene TjMaxx'te (bilmeyenleriniz icin hemen aciklayayim, istediginiz/istemediginiz bircok markanin ucuzluga ugramis urunlerini bulabileceginiz, icinde cogunlukla kiyamet kopan, savas alani vari bir magaza) tesadufen gezinirken kocaman bir raf dolusu theBalm urunu gorup nasil bir cilginlik yaptigimi hatirliyor olabilirsiniz. Betty-Lou Manizer o cilginligin sadece kucuk bir parcasiydi tabii ki. O zaman hemen review yazmaya vakit bulamamistim ama son zamanlarda sagliksiz bir ask yasadigim Betty-Lou Manizer icin artik bir review gerekliydi!


theBalm markets Betty-Lou Manizer as an all-in-one bronzer, shimmer and eyeshadow. I would describe the color as a subtly shimmery bronze with a golden sheen. Shimmer in this bronzer isn't clearly visible to the eye as it's very finely milled. In other words, you can generously use it all over the face and not look like a disco ball. Just like all the other theBalm powder products, the texture is velvety soft and the color pay-off is a-maz-ing! 

theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer icin 3u 1 arada, bronzlastirici, aydinlatici ve far demis. Rengi bana gore hafif altin isiltili bronz. Oldukca ince ogutulmus oldugu icin yuze uygulandiktan sonra bu isilti cok dikkatli bakmadiginiz surece gozle kolayca gorulemeyecek kadar az. Yani disko topuna donmek zorunda kalmadan, gonul rahatligiyla bronzlastirici gibi uygulayabilirsiniz. Onceden theBalm pudra urunlerini denediyseniz, yapi ayni yumusaklikta ve pigmentasyon her zamanki gibi yine cok basarili.


As always it's a huge plus that the medium-sized compact comes with its own mirror. I am a firm believer in mirrors, all compacts should come with one! In this compact, there is 8.5g/0.3oz of Betty- Lou Manizer and it retails for $24 at thebalm.com. Because I bought mine from TjMaxx, I paid only $12.99 for it. *cha-ching* It's available on both Sephora.com and thebalm.com.

Her zaman oldugu gibi kompaktin icinde aynasi olmasi benim icin buyuk bir arti. Agirligi 8.5 g olan Betty-Lou Manizer thebalm.com'da $24, Turkiye'de iseniz Gratis'ten 40TL'ye temin edebilirsiniz. (Oh be sonunda Turkiye'de de satilan bir urun hakkinda yazdim!!!)




Applied on cheekbones right above bronzer/contouring / Bronzer/kontorun hemen ust kismina uygulanmis hali...


When it comes to the way I utilize this gem of a product, I love using it as an highlighter or bronzer. "Shimmer" can throw people off but I don't find it over powering at all especially considering you don't normally pack highlight/bronzer as you would an eyeshadow. If used as an eyeshadow, you can adjust the intensity as it is a buildable product. I think those with warmer/olive complexions will love this product the most. It may show up a little too orange on lighter skin tones.

Ben Betty-Lou'yu aydinlatici ya da bronzlastirici olarak kullanmayi tercih ediyorum. Isilti kelimesi sizi yaniltmasin, kesinlikle abartili bir isiltisi yok. Zaten bronzer ya da aydinlaticiyi far uygulamasinda oldugu gibi kat kat surmedigimiz icin abartili olmasi pek soz konusu degil. Far olarak kullanimida gayet kolay, yogunluk rahatca ayarlanabiliyor. Sahsen Betty-Lou'nun bugday/sicak tenle daha uyumlu olacagini dusunuyorum. Acik tende hafif turuncuya kacabilecegini dolayisiyla dogal durmayacagini dusunuyorum.


Have your tried theBalm? What are your favorite products?
theBalm'i denediniz mi? Favori urunleriniz neler?

22 comments:

  1. It looks great on you!
    I have never tried theBalm products, but they are in my have-to-try list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this is so pretty!!!!! :) Shimmer is a good thing for me. I really love shimmers a lot but I know some people are hesitant to try stuff with a lot of shimmery shine. I need to scour my TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous on you but I'm not sure I could pull this colour off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really nice bronzer. I've always loved the look of thebalm products.

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben de aldım bu üründen. Türkiyeye geldiğinde nerdeyse kafayı yiyorduk. Üstelik anneler gününde bu ürünler yarı fiyatına sarıldı. İlk kez Avrupadan daha ucuza ürün almış olduk:)) Güle güle kullan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, and your skin is flawless! I must try this!!!!

    beautybyren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. JessicaGettingCheekyJuly 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

    Ebru you look absolutely incredible and your necklace is simply stunning!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

    Umm, it looks freakin' GORGEOUS on you! Do you have Tarte Park Ave. Princess, by the way? Your swatch of Betty-Lou Manizer kind of reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanksssssssssss HUN :) That green cardigan on the picture used to be beige but it looked really ugly so I usedn Dylon to dye it green :D And now it is my favourite cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I love theBalm products, especially the face products and eyeshadows :) Hope you can try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Michelle, it definitely can pull a bit orange if you have lighter skin. If you're looking for a highlighter, theBalm has a much lighter shade suitable for the fair skinned called Mary-Lou Manizer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great multi-use product, don't the products/packaging look so cute?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Internette oyle okudum, 20 lira bence bu bronzer icin hic birsey degil :) Sende iyi gunlerde kullan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Rendee, definitely recommend it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Jessica, you're so sweet as always! *blushes* :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Tiffany ;) Nope I don't have Park Ave. Princess but I always wanted it, mostly because of the name lol They may be dupes, I should check for comparison swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh, I die. I need this. Hopefully it would show up on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so gorgeous :D I knew your complexion was darker than mine so I checked your blog and it says NC44 - I think it'll show up :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really!! Omg, I have to hunt this down!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg...it looks sooo good! I use the highlighter on my eyes almost everyday! It's not that nice on my cheeks but I think I want to try this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just discovered the balm products this year and I love the concealer. I'll have to keep an eye out for this - it looks so amazing on you

    ReplyDelete