Pink Blush Picks!

While going through my previously published posts, I noticed that I have never done a favorite pink blushes post. Shocker I know. If you've been following my blog for a while, then you'd know that I have a slight obsession with peach, coral, orange blushes. Nonetheless, I still love my pink blushes so I decided put  a post together sharing my favorites with you.

In my experience, I have found that pink blushes pair beautifully with any shade of purple eye make-up which I absolutely adore. Purple is one color that suits any eye color, if you haven't tried it then you should. It doesn't have to be bright purple, can be lilac, lavender, etc. I think pink blushes also work well with dark, grey, black smoky looks with light pink lips.


Benefit Bella Bamba
MAC Bite of an Apple
Sleek Pixie Pink
MAC Dollymix
NARS Deep Throat

With Flash L-R: Benefit Bella Bamba, MAC Bite of an Apple, Sleek Pixie Pink, MAC Dollymix, NARS Deep Throat

Benefit Bella Bamba

It's the newest pink blush in my collection. When Bella Bamba first came out several months ago, I hesitated buying it because I honestly didn't think anything of it. Then I gave in and I'm glad I did. It succeeded to be one of my top pink blushes. It is a watermelon-pink with quite a bit of shimmer. While using Bella Bamba, I try to keep eyes a bit more subtle due to the shimmer content so I don't look like a disco ball.

MAC Bite of an Apple

Bite of an Apple was a limited edition blush which was part of the Venomous Villians collection that came out in 2010. It's a bright coral-y pink and has a matte finish. Bite of an Apple will last forever as all you need to do in order to get a perfect color on cheeks is to really lightly touch your brush in pan. I think using a stippling brush works really well with Bite of an Apple because it picks up only bit of a product. Too dense of a brush will result in an overly done blush. It goes on opaque and is buildable. If applied lightly it can definitely be an everyday blush.

Sleek Pixie Pink

Pixie Pink is a bright bubblegum pink and is super pigmented. It is also quite opaque and has a matte finish.  It looks beautiful when I pair it with MAC's Nocturnelle, Digit, Shale - all shades of purple. I think it also compliments dark blue/green looks.

MAC Dollymix

MAC describes Dollymix as "pure candy pink". It's in Sheertone Shimmer finish. I think its description sounds like it'd not be an everyday kind of blush but I think it totally is due to its sheerness. I wear it during the day quite a bit. I think it's also essential for days you're in a hurry but want a pop of color.

NARS Deep Throat

I added Deep Throat to my list because even though NARS describes this blush as "peach with shimmer" once applied, it looks pink on me :) Even in pan, I see a light pink blush maybe with a hint of peach in it. It has a generous amount of shimmer but I don't think it's anything overwhelming. Deep Throat is a very versatile color that goes with pretty much any look. Like Dollymix, it's one of my go-to blushes when I'm in a hurry but don't want to leave the house without some color.

Natural Light

 What are your favorite pink blushes? Which pink blush should I get next?

19 comments:

  1. Dollymix has been one of my favorites for a while. It's the perfect pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Bella Bamba and Bite of an Apple are favs of mine too. I don't reach for Dollymix as often as I thought I would, but it's still nice. Tarte Amused is in my top 5 as is Smashbox blush in Radiance. I also really like Stila's Custom Color Blush!

    I love color themed posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my NARS Deep Throat & Bella Bamba. If you like cream blushes, MAC "So Sweet, So Easy" is a really pretty one. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice favorites! need to check out dolly mix! i love NARS DT too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I regret not getting Bite of Apple now...I love the coral tones in it as well...oh well. I'll live...the days will be bright again. But i bought Deep Throat for my sister and I definitely was a pink in my eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deep throat and bite of an apple are so pretty! I always thought deep throat would be too shimmery but it looks just right in these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post just made my heart stop!! I love pink blushes for spring and of course you always have great picks!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love me a pink blush! great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I want them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink blushes! I had obsession with finding the perfect pink blush for my skin tone last year, fell in love with Dollymix!

    xo $ARMIN

    ReplyDelete
  11. I own Deep Throat. I actually don't own too many pink blushes but I do love MAC Her Blooming Cheek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bella Bamab and Dollymix look very pretty... I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look so lovely!!!

    You should definitely try NARS Angelika. It's a cool bubble gum pink with silver shimmer. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sleek one looks gorg! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sleek one looks gorg! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post just made my heart stop!! I love pink blushes for spring and of course you always have great picks!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my NARS Deep Throat & Bella Bamba. If you like cream blushes, MAC "So Sweet, So Easy" is a really pretty one. XX

    ReplyDelete