Battle of the Mascaras

Hey girls!!!

I have gone through countless numbers of mascaras ever since I've started doing make-up. I had some good ones and I had some bad ones. Few weeks ago when I was cleaning out my make-up storage cases, I came across some used up mascara containers and wondered why I didn't toss them? (And it's so not me to keep stuff, I am not a hoarder AT ALL, I throw away everything lol)  I guess this post was just meant to be!

I have been thinking of doing a mascara-comparison post for a while now, so now that I have time I am putting my plan into action, here we go! FYI: There are bunch of other ones I used however it's just really hard for me to keep track of them because they were a long time ago, so I am keeping it limited to the ones I have the empty containers of and Too Faced Lash Injection which I remember so well because of it's (gross) smell.




Covergirl Lashblast

Thoughts: Thicker, fuller and longer lashes in no time! Has been my HG mascara pretty much since it came out. I first saw it on youtube, not sure who was wearing/reviewing it and decided to give it a go. I've been loving it since then! I've been naturally blessed in the lash department and I frequently get asked if I am wearing false lashes. This mascara plays a big role in it though! ;)

Brush: Is more like a wand with really tiny short bristles
Pros: Lengthening, thickening, volumizing, defining, perfect consistency, no clumping, smudging or flaking, lasts for hours (Wore it to many special occasions, NYE, birthdays...lashes looked exactly like when I left the house!) comes off easily
Cons: None!
Price: $ 8.39

Lancome Hypnose

Thoughts: I'm sad to say that I stopped using Hypnose when I started using Lashblast. Don't get me wrong Hypnose I still love you but you're a bit expensive to use continuously (with the money I pay for a Hypnose, I could get 3 Lashblasts lol)

Brush: Thin brush with short-to-medium length bristles
Pros: Lengthening and separating
Cons: Formula is too thin, requires way too many coats, isn't volumizing ~ don't expect fuller lashes with this one!
Price: $24.50

L'oreal Voluminous

Thoughts: I think this mascara is great if you want dramatic lashes with lots of definition!

Brush: Thick curved, plush brush with medium length bristles
Pros: Lengthens, volumizes, defines, thicker consistency, stays put until you take it off, curved brush, doesn't flake
Cons: Can be a bit clumpy
Price: $6.99

L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen

Thoughts: Reminds me a lot of L'oreal Voluminous minus the curved brush and a little thinner formula. 

Brush: Thick brush with medium length bristles
Pros: Lengthens, volumizes, separates and adds definition.
Cons: Smudges after a long wear
Price: $ 7.99

Maybelline the Colossal

Thoughts: I love bright colors, so when I saw bunch of black mascaras lined up and then bam a yellow one, I had to get it! Maybelline definitely attracted a lot of potential customers with the bright yellow packaging, at least they were good with marketing. I have used Maybelline products before and liked a few of them, so I thought I'd give this a try, unfortunately I don't have too many good things to say about it...

Brush: Pretty thick with long bristles
Pros: Attractive bright yellow packaging, thick formula, does separate ok, adds decent length
Cons: Weird smell, smudging, flaking, sticky, dries out fast, doesn't last long on lashes at all
Price: $6.99

Maybelline Lash Stilletto

Thoughts: Another let down by Maybelline. Lash Stilletto just like Colossal and didn't do much for me.

Brush: Long, thin with medium-length bristles
Pros: Non-smudging, thick formula
Cons: Not lengthening, volumizing OR defining, doesn't last long on lashes
Price:$ 8.99

Too Faced Lash Injection 

Thoughts: I know there are a good number of people out there who adore this mascara but I am sorry I just can't agree with you. I used this mascara a long time ago, back when not too many people blogged, that's why you can't see the mascara in the pictures. Anyway I tossed it pretty fast because I didn't like it at all :/

Brush: Big brush with long bristles
Pros: Does make dark lashes even darker
Cons: Clumpy, smudging, flakes, too wet and takes too long to dry, smells bad, not too lengthening and on top of all this expensive for not doing much!
Price: $19.50

Who wins the battle? Covergirl Lashblast, hands down! I will continue loving this mascara until something better than this comes around...

Of course I will continue to experiment with other mascaras, I won't know if there is a better mascara than Lashblast unless I keep experimenting! What do I like to try next? Diorshow, Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash, YSL Faux Cils, I want to see if I will have any luck with any of these as well as to see if they really live up to all the hype.

What is YOUR favorite mascara?

7 comments:

  1. I love LashBlast, but Lash Stiletto is my HG. It works wonders for my super short lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..hello EBRU ..
    I have been tried a LOT mascaras as well , I think we all trying to find the best one but it is hard as some of them just don't do the job..
    but I can honestly say that max factor mascaras never let me down ..also I had Shiseido years ago and that was just perfect mascara with silk dust in it , and it just build your lashes so wonderful ...but I can't find this mascara again :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw your post, I thought to myself the winner is going to be covergirl lashblast! Lol it really is amazing <3 I don't know why I keep trying new mascaras when I know how amazing CG is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max Factor False Lash effect is my HG...everyday somebody asks me if I have eyelash extentions lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love Lashblast too! Thanks for your mascara comparison, it was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mascara's I've tried:

    Covergirl Lashblast - still haven't tried the original (always sold out in my color @ Target), I do however have the Covergirl Lashblast VOLUME, which is nice, nothing special (a bit clumpy)

    L'oreal Voluminous - Extremely clumpy but it was super duper black

    Maybelline the Colossal - Really does the trick buuuut my lashes fall shortly after and it's clumpy and not black enough for me.

    Maybelline Lash Stilletto - complete waste of money, I bought a 2 pk for $7.50 @ Target, gave the 2nd new one away and they love it =/

    I have used Dior Show - nothing special, slightly clumpy.

    I have bought a few new rimmel mascaras (on Sunday) I hope to review them soon!

    Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max Factor False Lash effect is my HG...everyday somebody asks me if I have eyelash extentions lol

    ReplyDelete